• Meet Anita Lock:
Star reviewer Anita Lock is a teacher at heart. About her work as a reviewer, she says, "Whether a preschool teacher, home educator, teacher's aide, tutor, music instructor, DJ, book reviewer, proofreader, or book editor, my goal remains consistent: it is imperative that I provide tools to help others succeed in life. One tool I have found to be most effective is books. Essential in building language skills for the very young, books are also replete with stories of self-awareness--and that goes for all ages. If readers are engaged in the whole experience of reading and, thus, are true to themselves, then they will be aware that books affect them in one form or other. It could be as subtle as, 'Huh. I didn't know that,' or impressionable, like, 'Wow! I can't wait to read the next in this series!' My plan as a book reviewer for Story Circle Book Reviews is to capture the essence of each story and then efficiently translate that into writing so that YOU, the reader, will be motivated to expand your reading sphere."
• Story Circle is a proud sponsor of International Indie Author Day 2017. Read all about it here, and check out our emails for ways that you can participate.
• Watch for our GoFundMe campaign, coming in October! We'll be asking for your support to fund StoryCircleBookReviews.org for another year.
• SCBR Named to Goodreads Top 1%: We're proud to report that Goodreads has named SCBR to its top-rated book reviewers. Most-viewed: Lee Ambrose's review of Pam Webber's novel, The Wiregrass.
• SCN Online Classes, the only online writing program designed exclusively for women. General writing skills, organization, and critical editing; book design and development, online marketing, blogging, and more. An Independent Study Program, too. For full class listings, faculty bios, enrollment, and more, visit our website.
• Browse through our listing of books by women about American women in their cultural and historical contexts. At Story Circle, we are passionate about women's stories and are grateful to the authors who bring these stories to us. The books on this list deserve to be read and appreciated. They are books that matter, about strong women who have played significant roles in all fields of human endeavor. (Special thanks to Susan Schoch, who compiled this list for us.)
• If you'd like to learn more about SCN, the best place to start is with our leadership team: women who have devoted their energies to making SCN a home for women who want to write about women's lives. Go here to meet these nine remarkable women.
• Advertising with SCN.
As you plan the marketing campaign for your book, writing program, or writing-related workshop or conference, please consider Story Circle as a partner in your promotional efforts. Story Circle provides a unique voice and a wide range of services for women readers and writers. Partnering with us allows you to target your promotion efforts and take advantage of SCN's growing reputation in the international community of women writers. Depending on your budget, you can choose from five packages.
• HerStories and One Woman's Day.
SCN hosts two blogs and dozens of bloggers. The HerStories bloggers are a dozen women writers and teachers who regularly share their passion for the how-to and why, the art and craft of lifewriting. The One Woman's Day bloggers share occasional stories of the special days of their lives. If you're a member and would like to contribute to OWD, visit the blog and see how to get involved.
• Here at SCBR, we always receive more wonderful books than we can possibly review. So we've created a new feature on our website: a section called Briefly Reviewed, a selection of titles, briefly described, that represent the wide range of recently-published memoirs written by strong women who have been there, done that, and lived to tell the tale. Recommended for your reading pleasure!
• Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest.