Our Reviewers Make News!
• Susan Schoch is a Colorado member of our editorial team. About herself, she says, "I'm a freelance writer and editor, specializing in memoir and personal history, and recently completed a biography of two revered ceramic artists, titled The Clay Connection: Jim and Nan McKinnell. It's always an honor and a fascinating journey to present someone's life story, something that Story Circle Network recognizes and fosters."
• Dawn Wink & Susan Tweit presented on "Soul of the Land: Place as Character and Inspiration" at the Women Writing the West Conference in Redmond, OR.
• Dawn Wink served as MC for the Tony Hillerman Writers Conference in Santa Fe, NM.
• Diane Stanton's two poems, "Just Don't Snap" and "New Ride," appeared in NoVA Bards: An Anthology of Northern Virginia Poetry, published by Local Gems Press.
• Debra Winegarten's book, Oveta Culp Hobby: Colonel, Cabinet Member, Philanthropist, was a finalist for the 2015 Women Writing the West literary award and a 2015 gold medal from the Military Writers Society of America.
• SCN Online Classes, the only online writing program designed exclusively for women. General writing skills, organization, and critical editing; book design and development, online marketing, blogging, and more. An Independent Study Program, too. For full class listings, faculty bios, enrollment, and more, visit our website.
• Browse through our listing of books by women about American women in their cultural and historical contexts. At Story Circle, we are passionate about women's stories and are grateful to the authors who bring these stories to us. The books on this list deserve to be read and appreciated. They are books that matter, about strong women who have played significant roles in all fields of human endeavor. (Special thanks to Susan Schoch, who compiled this list for us.)
• If you'd like to learn more about SCN, the best place to start is with our leadership team: women who have devoted their energies to making SCN a home for women who want to write about women's lives. Go here to meet these nine remarkable women.
• Advertising with SCN.
As you plan the marketing campaign for your book, writing program, or writing-related workshop or conference, please consider Story Circle as a partner in your promotional efforts. Story Circle provides a unique voice and a wide range of services for women readers and writers. Partnering with us allows you to target your promotion efforts and take advantage of SCN's growing reputation in the international community of women writers. Depending on your budget, you can choose from five packages.
• HerStories and One Woman's Day.
SCN hosts two blogs and dozens of bloggers. The HerStories bloggers are a dozen women writers and teachers who regularly share their passion for the how-to and why, the art and craft of lifewriting. The One Woman's Day bloggers share occasional stories of the special days of their lives. If you're a member and would like to contribute to OWD, visit the blog and see how to get involved.
• Here at SCBR, we always receive more wonderful books than we can possibly review. So we've created a new feature on our website: a section called Briefly Reviewed, a selection of titles, briefly described, that represent the wide range of recently-published memoirs written by strong women who have been there, done that, and lived to tell the tale. Recommended for your reading pleasure!
• Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest.